PILOT2PILOT.COM is committed to maintaining your privacy and providing you with options regarding the use of your personal information.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information you provide such as your name, address, email address, contact information, and date of birth, to complete the transaction you request.
- We collect credit card information to process the orders you request such as membership and additional services.
- We collect demographic information to help us learn member characteristics and needs.
- We monitor our website traffic and analyze which pages are popular, which are not, what areas of the country or the world our traffic is coming from, and the like, using “Cookies and Tracking Pixels.” The information we collect may help us deliver targeted advertising and communicate better with you.
All PILOT2PILOT.COM sites and services are intended for general aviator audiences. PILOT2PILOT.COM does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn we have inadvertently collected such information, we will delete it.
How do we use your information?
In the section below, we list how we might use/share your personal information and whether you can limit this sharing.
- For PILOT2PILOT.COM’s everyday business, mission support and advocacy purposes—to process your transactions such as membership applications, renewals and purchases, reply to your inquiries, communicate important legislative, regulatory or informational updates we think may be of interest to you, allow your participation in PILOT2PILOT.COM activities and use of PILOT2PILOT.COM services, respond to court orders and legal investigations.
- For PILOT2PILOT.COM’s marketing purposes—to offer additional PILOT2PILOT.COM products and services to you such as PILOT2PILOT.COM’s Aviation Directory.
- For our Affiliated Companies’ everyday business purposes—to provide you information about services or products available from PILOT2PILOT.COM affiliates that may be of interest to you.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Data security and protection
- We do not release your email address to anyone. We never sell or rent your personal information to telemarketers or list brokers.
- We may occasionally share aggregated, general demographics, such as composition or geographic distribution of our membership.
- Only authorized employees, agents, and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to your personal information.
- We do not disclose your credit card information to anyone other than the credit card company that processes the charge. For your personal security, we encourage you not to use email to communicate credit card information.
- PILOT2PILOT.COM will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. PILOT2PILOT.COM uses industry standard safeguards to ensure the security of personal information through physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
Whenever personal data is collected by a website the data is secured in transit by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL ensures that the data in transit between the Web server and your client machine is encrypted and that the information was not changed in transit.
- Although PILOT2PILOT.COM’s site includes links and advertising to other Internet sites, PILOT2PILOT.COM takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those sites. PILOT2PILOT.COM provides these links and advertisements as a benefit and service to our members, but we have no control over those sites.
- Other sites that you visit may have their own distinct privacy policies or no policy at all. They may use personal information that you may provide them differently than our policy permits.
PILOT2PILOT.COM strongly encourages you to review the privacy policies of any site before providing any personal information to them.
Cookies and Tracking Pixels
- Cookies are small files that your Web browser places on your computer’s hard drive. They allow us to see the time and date you visited, your IP address, the type of Internet browser you used, and what pages you viewed. At no point does your actual identity become known. This information may be collected by or shared with third-party vendors and partners, such as Google. PILOT2PILOT.COM may use tools, such as Google Analytics for Display Advertising and Remarketing. These tools allow PILOT2PILOT.COM to promote our products and services to website visitors after they have visited the PILOT2PILOT.COM website. Most Web browsers allow you to decline to accept cookies.
- This site employs the use of tracking pixels, also known as a Web beacon. A Web beacon is a small image which is attached to a Web page or link, but is not visible to the user. When a Web beacon enabled Web page is loaded, or link is clicked, the Web beacon reports that activity to the organizations Web activity system. No personally identifiable information is collected through the use of Web beacons.
This policy is effective 9/20/2019. PILOT2PILOT.COM may from time to time update this policy. When that occurs, we will notify you by posting the changes to this page. PILOT2PILOT.COM encourages you to periodically review this policy to be informed of how we are protecting your information.